Beauty tips is such a huge topic to cover. These are some tips I’ve learnt from my own wedding as well as being present when photographing weddings.
Auckland Wedding Beauty Tips
Work out a plan and make sure you stick to it.
Two Months Before
• A good skin care regime is important to get ready for your big day but don’t do anything too extreme.
• Moisture is so important for healthy glowing skin. Apply an oil free moisturiser each morning before your makeup and after you take if off each night.
Four to Six Weeks Before
• Schedule your hair and makeup trial. Try several different styles with and without your veil and experiment with more dramatic makeup. Don’t forget the waterproof mascara!
Three Weeks Before
•Trial your eyelash extensions if you are getting them. That way you will know if you are alright with the glue and not allergic to it, and whether you want your extensions longer or shorter.
Two Weeks Before
• Time for a trim and to touch up your hair colour. Keep hair healthy with a deep conditioner twice a week. If your hair needs it, apply a hair mask to make sure your hair is shiny.
One Week Before
• Schedule a pedicure.
• Make sure you don’t leave any waxing until the last minute. You could end up with shiny, red skin and that isn’t what you want for your wedding photos.
Two Days Before
•Apply your fake tan. By the time you have had three showers, it will leave you with that bridal glow.
• Slip an eye mask in the freezer for a few minutes and use it to minimise puffy eyes.
Day Of The Wedding
Make sure you allow enough time for your makeup artist to complete your makeup and your bridesmaids. Usually they will do your makeup close to the time that you are due ready or do your makeup then touch it up just before you are going to leave for the ceremony. Usually I have found that makeup artists are over the specified time, so make sure you allow plenty of time for them to do their work. Depending on the number of bridesmaids you have and also how many makeup/hair artists there are, allow at least 30 minutes for each person and an extra 15 minutes to complete hair styles.
Keep a small bag of beauty basics such as :
A clear fingernail polish,
Bobby pins to help hold an unruly curl
A container sample of your lipstick for you to touch up during the photos.
A small compact mirror (get your bridesmaids to carry this for you)
Auckland beauty tips can be different than beauty tips you might hear in drier or more humid locations, too. Wherever you are getting married, focus on beauty tips for that sort of weather and that sort of specific regime dedicated to your type of skin & hair. Auckland beauty tips are for obviously Auckland (and cities similar to it). Let me know if you have any questions!!
Here are some of the makeup artists we have seen working from our clients’ weddings in Auckland.
Hair Slay by Cedric
Honey Tree Hair & Makeup
Michaela Kaye Makeup