It may not be that common in New Zealand, because a lot of Kiwis are DIY when it comes to wedding planning, however if you don’t want to worry then how do you go about finding the best New Zealand wedding planners?
If you want the perfect wedding, yet don’t want to deal with all the stress, details and responsibility, or just don’t have the time to organise the wedding yourself, then a wedding planner can eliminate all that stress for you.
You, as the bride (or groom) can control how much you want the planner to do. Wedding planners or sometimes called day coordinators can organise all the vendors, book them and then coordinate on the day of the wedding so you don’t have to be bothered when the flowers arrive, where the ceremony should be set up, whether there’s going to be a knife to cut the cake. The planner will arrange all of the small details that you haven’t even thought of and pre-empt any problems or challenges faced.
Wedding Planners are also called wedding consultants or coordinators, wedding planners are the bride’s right hand down to every detail in the ceremony and reception. She can be there the moment after the ring is on the finger to the last guest at the reception. The bride has the choice to give as much or as little responsibility to the planner as she desires.
But how do you know if you should hire a wedding planner? Here are a few examples where a wedding planner can help:
1. The wedding planner alleviates stress for the bride, yet keeps the bride involved so that she knows the details on how her day will be.
2. Your wedding planner will have contacts and may be able to get you a special deal with suppliers. They will know your budget, and stick to how much you want to spend on each area of your wedding.
3. A wedding planner will be flexible to create the wedding of your dreams, but also assist you with what may be better options for you to consider.
4. If you are from another country, hiring a wedding planner will give you the inside knowledge on the area and be able to work with suppliers in current time zones.
5. When choosing a wedding planner, ask them what their type of wedding would be to see if you share a similar style. Ask to see examples of their work so you can view previous weddings they have coordinated.
A Google search will get you all your local wedding planners in your area.
021 146 1755
© AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND WEDDING AND PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY BY NATALIE PASCO PHOTOGRAPHY 2019