1) Most of my couples have two outfits for their engagement session. Coordinating doesn’t mean “matching”.
2) Wearing the same colour in a different shade is actually more ideal than trying to find the EXACT colour!
3) If one of you is wearing something with a lot of colour and pattern, sometimes it’s best to have the other person wear a neutral!
4) This is just an idea! Take it or leave it! Some couples plan their attire to coordinate with their wedding day so that their Save The Dates match the wedding theme and decor!
5) Don’t over think it! Some of my favourite outfits have been when the guy is just wearing a simple coloured v-neck! Just try to avoid T-shirts with big patterns or crazy graphics or logos on it.
6) Make sure you are equal when it comes to how formal your attire is. If the bride is wearing a little black dress…. the groom probably shouldn’t be in shorts and tennis shoes.
7) Don’t be afraid to be yourself and wear something that is unique to you! Be comfortable, don’t wear clothes that are too tight or too loose … but if you have a unique style, be sure to show it off! Some of my favourite engagement shoots have incorporated my couple’s unique style!
8)It’s nice to have your hair, makeup and nails done for the photo. But you do want to look like YOU, not some dolled up version of you.
9) Accessorise! Flowers, Scarves, necklaces, belts…. I love them all! They can add so much to an outfit!
10) Wear attire that is flattering to your figure and your skin tone. It seems like common sense but I’m guilty of this all of the time. We all know that everyone has certain things that look GREAT on them and certain things that aren’t really made for them.