Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Tips for picking out your wardrobe.
1) Most of my couples have two outfits for their engagement session.
Coordinating doesn’t mean “matching”.
2) Wearing the same colour in a different shade is actually more ideal than trying to find the EXACT colour!
3) If one of you is wearing something with a lot of colour and pattern, sometimes it’s best to have the other person wear a neutral!
4) This is just an idea! Take it or leave it! Some couples plan their attire to coordinate with their wedding day so that their Save The Dates match the wedding theme and decor!
5) Don’t over think it! Some of my favourite outfits have been when the guy is just wearing a simple coloured v-neck! Just try to avoid T-shirts with big patterns or crazy graphics or logos on it.
6) Make sure you are equal when it comes to how formal your attire is. If the bride is wearing a little black dress…. the groom probably shouldn’t be in shorts and tennis shoes.
7) Don’t be afraid to be yourself and wear something that is unique to you! Be comfortable, don’t wear clothes that are too tight or too loose … but if you have a unique style, be sure to show it off! Some of my favourite engagement shoots have incorporated my couple’s unique style!
8)It’s nice to have your hair, makeup and nails done for the photo. But you do want to look like YOU, not some dolled up version of you.
9) Accessorise! Flowers, Scarves, necklaces, belts…. I love them all! They can add so much to an outfit!
10) Wear attire that is flattering to your figure and your skin tone. It seems like common sense but I’m guilty of this all of the time. We all know that everyone has certain things that look GREAT on them and certain things that aren’t really made for them.
WE are engaged - NOW WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO? - PLANNING STAGES
Congratulations, the person of your dreams just popped the question and you said YES!
HOLD OFF ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA
We know it may be hard to resist, but let’s be honest, how would you feel if your best friend or sister got engaged and you found out through social media? Take the time to share this exciting news with family, friends and loved ones before your engagement becomes public knowledge socially!
SET A REALISTIC BUDGET
A bride comes with extravagant ideas and 250 pins on her hidden wedding board, but when it comes down to discussing the budget, it’s just not feasible. Research costs beforehand and compare vendors before booking anything. Unfortunately, money doesn’t grow on trees, so it may be a good idea to open a joint savings account and add to it each month. A preliminary guest list is also a great option so that you know have an idea of the numbers you are working with; at the end of the day, a guest list can make or break a budget!
LOCK IN YOUR VENUE
The third most important, and critical step in your wedding planning process, is to lock in your venue. Venues book up extremely quickly in Auckland, and around the rest of New Zealand. If you have your heart set on a Summer or Autumn wedding…DON’T WAIT, otherwise you will be forced to resort to your second or third pick. Your guest list is also very important, as some places can only accommodate a certain amount; and don’t forget to keep your parents and future in-laws in the loop…ask them whom they’d most want to invite but explain to them that your preliminary list may need to be editing and trimmed. Once you find a venue, voila…it’s only be a matter of time before your theme, colours, and even your wedding dress fall into place as well.
LOCK IN YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER
Once you’ve set your date and venue, next step would be to make sure you capture your big day, therefore we suggest booking your photographer. There are plenty to choose from in Auckland, but keep in mind most of them cannot book multiple events in one day. Many Auckland photographers are booked up seasons in advance.
FIND SOME HELP
Whether you are a micromanager and are planning the entire thing yourself, or the type of person who’d rather not stress over the details, a wedding planner can be a tremendous help. From offering advice, to packages devoted to simply coordinating the big day (since, let’s face it you cannot be in two places at once), to planning everything from A-Z, a wedding planner won’t only save you time and headaches, but it will keep your budget from running dry as well. If your budget wont stretch to a wedding planner, organise friends and bridal party to assist with the planning.
This is supposed to be an exciting time! Make sure to still have fun with your fiancé, enjoy the experience, and we know it can be hard, but be sure to not make every conversation about the wedding…your lives are still pretty interesting as well, make sure to take time and share that with each other!
Once you’ve checked off these items, you’re on the road to celebrating your nuptials and now you get to start the really fun stuff…choose your theme, say yes to the dress, pick your wedding bands, and ultimately revel in the splendour of you and your soon to be bride or groom!!!
#weddingplanning #aucklandphotographer #newzealandwedding
Do you have a standard pricing system for your services?
All my pricing and packages are on my website.
Packages can be altered to fit within your requirements.
What is your typical process when working with a new client?
We email back and forth and then if it is a baby shoot I give them the information they need to prepare for the shoot. We arrange a time and the shoot takes place.
For a wedding I have information to help the couple plan their wedding. Timelines need to be decided on. Then I meet with the couple before their big day to go over everything to make their day run smoothly. Then the shoot happens on their wedding day.
Tell us about your strengths, skills and experience.
I started my photography business in 2016. I am an organised person, so I can help guide you with your session. I have been building my business with portraits mainly of babies and photographing weddings.
I will work with you to bring my ideas and yours to create beautiful photographs.
How do your services stand out?
I became a photographer to help capture precious memories for people. I believe that everyone should be able to have access to photographs for future generations. That's why my prices are competitive and affordable.